Eric Kamen : Native Unit.|
Native Unit was Eric's first entry into the genre of World Music. Eric got a two
week break in his producing schedule of young R&B singers and rappers, and took
several tracks he had created for those projects and experimented with using his
Spanish guitar along with the tracks - no singing, no rapping. 'I was fascinated
by what came out! I didn't really take it too seriously at first, but upon
listening, it sounded pretty good to me ... and importantly, it was clearly 'its
own thing.' It was def not the Gypsy Kings, nor Ottmar Liebert. I didn't really
know how to describe it - other than to say it was a fusion between R&B, Hip Hop
and more traditional music from around the World - mostly the Mediterranean
(Spain, Greece Turkey ... where I had spent a lot of time over the course of my
'Timidly, I put 4 or 5 of the tracks on Myspace (this was 2006! .. when Myspace
was the rage) ... and was shocked by the results. Within several months, I had
accumulated 1/2 million fans! ... and numerous notable Awards and much other
critical acclaim (for example - Best Instrumental CD of the Year Award from
www.musesmuse.com ... plus numerous very positive write-ups in the press and on
I appreciated that I had hit a nerve by merging a contemporary vibe with more
traditional music. Young people (14-17 is my biggest demographic on Facebook,
ReverbNation et al!) could appreciate the more traditional acoustic World Music
because it was packaged along with some very kool contemporary beatz ... and
older people could appreciate (or at least tolerate LOL) the modern beatz
because the music itself was so touching.
'As a kid, success meant getting a gig in one of the well-known clubs in lower
Manhattan. Never in a million years did I ever imagine the day would come when
tens of thousands of young kids, from Indonesia, Turkey, Mexico etc ... would be
sending me such loving and supportive comments and emails.'
1. Moshi Moshi
2. Arenys by the Sea
3. Casa La Femme
4. Take a Ride
5. Thug Life
6. Habana Noche
7. Broken Hearted
8. Native Tongue
9. The Sphinx's Dream
10. Barcelona Boo
11. My Father's Mandolin
12. Mykonos at Midnight
Listen to: the entire album.
License Urban flamenco by Eric Kamen for your project.
Play the music of Eric Kamen in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 08/23/2014
Eric Kamen lives in New York USA
Tagged as: World, Jazz, Chillout, World Influenced
- JS Bach - Book 2 CD1 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- Reclaimed Property by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Wars of the Dark Worlds by Phil Rey: high impact dramatic film score music
- Cool Silence by AndrewPlusJohn: soulful electric guitar in a smooth and gentle landscape
- A Fragile Balance by Ray Montford: Evocative, melodic and haunting instrumental guitar music
- Long Ride Home by John Williams: bluesy and jazzy guitar
- My House is the Sky by Mundi: Early music meets global folk at the Penguin Café
- Ronroco Dreaming by Luke Gartner-Brereton: music for minds
- Daydream by Robin Stine: jazzy, bluesy numbers that immediately sound like comfortable standards
- CD1 - Bach - The Six Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin by Lara St John: Bach violin concertos
- CD2-Bach Cello Suites by Vito Paternoster: cellist extraordinaire
- JS Bach - Book 1 CD2 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- Reverie_ by Icicle: He Who Sings Thinks No Evil
- TGIF by Mike Goudreau Jazz Band: boppin', swingin' joie de vivre whether it's jazz or blues
- Blues and misc by Burnshee Thornside: funny, funky blues
- Silent Night by Lisa Lynne and George Tortorelli: Celtic harp and bamboo flutes. Soft and soothing, perfect for quiet times and relaxation
- Earth, the Kirtan planet by Radhamohan and Savitri: meditative, world, kirtan
- Envelopes by macabro: mechanical flowers under the electric sunset
- Legends of the Dark Ages by Phil Rey: high impact dramatic film score music
- Shed Your Skin by Ray Montford: Evocative, melodic and haunting instrumental guitar music
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.