Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles : High-Fidelity.
Vintage swing in the 21st century.
Denver-based vintage jazz group Joe Smith and The Spicy Pickles present
High-Fidelity, an album of all original swing music inspired by the
classic small group sounds of the late 30's and early 40's. The concept behind
"High-Fidelity" is to provide a smart recording of new, danceable tunes for the
swing and blues communities.
The album aims to give dancers and listeners alike
more of what they love, but haven't heard before. The band leader and
self-admitted purist, Joe Smith, deliberately cut out all of the excessive noise
that detracts from the album's primary objective: delivering quality music.
Devoid of crowdfunding, pretentious artwork, and politics, the music speaks for
With the debut of "High Fidelity", the Pickles bring forth the band's
identity. They do not intend to merely mimic the greats, but aspire to create
new tunes that celebrate the refined spirit of pre-war swing and entertainment.
Written with historic acumen in composition, arrangement, tempo, rhythm, and
sound quality - along with true vintage instruments and set-up - the band crafts
an accurate and authentic sound that reintroduces American swing to a new
As a group, the band honed their recording process and musicianship to provide a
pristine sound that is decidedly unique. The album opens and closes with the
band's theme song "Slow Cookin'" in an homage to the big band era's days of
radio shows. "The Pen is Mightier" pays tribute to the small group Goodman sound
featuring a melody played by Elijah Samuels on clarinet, Joseph Chudyk on vibes,
and Al Scholl on guitar. Featuring Prescott Blackler on trombone and Adam
Sammakia on bass, "The Baltiquerque Stomp" is a fast, driving number with a nod
to early jazz. "Benny's Blues" is an ode to current New Orleans trumpet player,
Ben Polcer, and "It's Alright for a Night" pays tribute to Cole Porter. The band
takes inspiration from Billy Strayhorn and the Duke Ellington Orchestra for "The
Gherkin Train", which features Elijah Samuels on tenor sax. All tracks on the
album were composed and arranged by horn players, Elijah Samuels, Prescott
Blackler, and Joe Smith.
1. 크레이지슬롯 사이트Slow Cookin' (Theme Song)
3. The Pen is Mightier
4. The Baltiquerque Stomp
5. Benny's Blues
6. Chubby's on the Way
7. Chelsea After Dark
8. Gin and Tonic
9. It's Alright For a Night
10. Dark Elixir
11. The Gherkin Train
12. Slow Cookin' (Reprise)
Listen to: the entire album.
License Vintage swing in the 21st century by Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles for your project.
Play the music of Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 8/4/2016
Joe Smith and the Spicy Pickles lives in Colorado USA
Tagged as: Jazz, Instrumental, Bass, Blues, Electric Guitar, Saxophone, Swing, Trumpet
- Reclaimed Property by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- The Bubble or the Spirit by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Enchanted Wind by Suzanne Teng: world flute with a serene energy
- My House is the Sky by Mundi: Early music meets global folk at the Penguin Café
- New Jazz Galaxy by Jive Ass Sleepers: chilled out grooves & uptempo funkathons
- Alice in Wonderland by Emma Wallace: angst-free modern ragtime
- Dandelion by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Long Ride Home by John Williams: bluesy and jazzy guitar
- Daydream by Robin Stine: jazzy, bluesy numbers that immediately sound like comfortable standards
- Dusty Porch by John Williams: bluesy and jazzy guitar
- Temptation_ by Emma Wallace: angst-free modern ragtime
- CD1 - Bach - The Six Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin by Lara St John: Bach violin concertos
- Vivaldi - The Four Seasons by Lara St John: Bach violin concertos
- Seasons by Eternal Jazz Project: gentle jazz from Sweden
- Gettin Down to Business by Jive Ass Sleepers: chilled out grooves & uptempo funkathons
- Blues and misc by Burnshee Thornside: funny, funky blues
- New Moon by Beth Quist: electro-Balkan / Indian meets New Age.
- Shed Your Skin by Ray Montford: Evocative, melodic and haunting instrumental guitar music
- Native Unit by Eric Kamen: Urban Flamenco
- Eric 2 by Eric Kamen: Urban Flamenco
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.