Oliostere : Circonflexe.|
Progressive jazz frolicking on melodic polyrhythms.
Circonflexe: cyclic claves, flexed execution, circumspect circles. The concept
of this album revolves around claves, rhythmic patterns which unite the
musicians and distinguish each track. Some tracks are based on a simple clave
such as 1 2 3 2 or RER, while others feature complex patterns like in the
introduction of 8 plus 7 for which the album artwork gives the score.
Polyrhythms are particularly present throughout 2 virgule 4 and reach an
interesting arpeggio step before the last theme. Triades concludes the album
with a symmetric ascending and descending chord progression highlighted by a
tune jointly played by 4 melodic instruments.
This album features two guests: Olivier Koundouno and YéYé Toon. Olivier
Koundouno's cello dances on the interweaving background of MMM, a trance
balanced between the written score and improvisations. YéYé Toon's unique
scatting style is featured in Polymorphisme, a multiple time scale tune, and in
Daga dit Gouda, a piece based on a scattered jungle drum line.
Bass: Marc Évrard
Cello: Olivier Koundouno (4)
Drums: Lionel Feugère
Flute: Stéphanie Morland
Guitar: Éric Epstein
Keyboard: Émile Maras
Voice: YéYé Toon (2,6)
Compositions: Émile Maras, Éric Epstein, Lionel Feugère, Marc Évrard (7), Mathieu Feugère (1,3,6), Olivier Koundouno (4,8), Raphaël Hardy (2,3,4,5), Stéphanie Morland, YéYé Toon (2,6).
Mixing and recording: Louis Martin-Gallausiaux
Artwork Graphism: Vlou
Artwork Realisation: Ô-liostére
1. 1 2 3 2
2. Daga Dit Gouda
3. 2 Virgule 4
5. 8 plus 7
Listen to: the entire album.
License Progressive jazz frolicking on melodic polyrhythms by Oliostere for your project.
Play the music of Oliostere in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 05/01/2015
Oliostere lives in Bagneux France
Tagged as: Jazz, Funk, Instrumental Jazz, Electric Guitar
- Reflections by Joseph Nimoh: uplifting solo piano pieces with influences from classical, jazz and gospel music
- Daydream by Robin Stine: jazzy, bluesy numbers that immediately sound like comfortable standards
- Two Romantic Piano Trios by Women Composers by Streicher Trio: classical chamber music on period instruments
- Fantasia Incantata by Ensemble Libro Primo: A fantastic classical violin and lute duo interpreting Baroque composers
- Vivaldi - The Four Seasons by Lara St John: Bach violin concertos
- The Chinese Four Seasons and the Korean Four Seasons by Vito Paternoster: cellist extraordinaire
- Up by Paolo Pavan: Urban funky jazz piano, in a sober and straightforward style
- Elements_ by Aitua: dreamy and beautiful original compositions on classical guitar
- La Faille by Justin St-Pierre: Acoustic percusive guitar
- Blank River by Daniel Knowler: organic, atmospheric acoustic-guitar textures
- Magnificent Obsession vol 1 - Beethoven Sonatas by Sebastian Forster: exquisitely performed Beethoven piano sonatas
- Reverie by Daniel Estrem: colorful classical guitar
- Viva La Musica Latina by Alan Marchand: Toe Teasin' Jazz Tunes For All Occasions
- Unspoken by Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Mozart 4 Quartets for Strings and Winds by American Baroque: Spectacular Baroque and Classical chamber music
- Blues for all Occasions by Alan Marchand: Toe Teasin' Jazz Tunes For All Occasions
- Crescent Moon by Abbas Premjee: A fusion of rock and jazz from the East and the West that brings minds, hearts and souls together
- Nothing Left To Believe by Immune: apocalyptic rock
- Tasabasaba by To Life!: Music as a journey through tribal landscapes, rhythmic dance, hypnotic trance.
- A Solo Piano Christmas by Chad Lawson: Multi-award winning pianist and composer who is not afraid to put his hat in anything
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.