La Reverie : Cantica.
Recreating traditional music from a modern perspective.
This album, entitled Cantica, is an unusual mixture of early and Spanish music.
Most pieces include spurious parts - as it were. They are our own compositions
and arrangements, whose purpose is to comment on the pieces from the present
time, holding a conversation with that old music.
The idea is to recreate the music of other times from a modern perspective with
music instruments, connecting both worlds, old and new, mixing sounds from both
of them in the same piece of music. This composition technique is what unifies
our repertoire, making it homogeneous.
The members of La Reverie - musicians with long artistic careers - have
performed with renowned and diverse music groups and institutions, such as the
Symphonic Orchestra of Malaga's Higher Conservatory of Music (Spain), Inocu
(Italy), El Sombrero del Alquimista (Spain) and El Tercer Ojo (Bolivia). Their
music has been heard in various cities and festivals, such as the International
Music Festival in Cadaqués (Girona), the Salón de los Espejos (Hall of Mirrors,
the elegant performance venue in Malaga's Town Hall) or Granada's prestigious
International Festival of Music and Dance.
1. Las Tres Hermanicas (tradicional Sefardi - Esteban Canyar)
2. Anda Jaleo (Federico Garcia Lorca - La Reverie)
3. A l'Entrant d'Este (Blondel de Nesle - Esteban Canyar)
4. Adio Querida (tradicional Sefardi - Esteban Canyar)
5. Pues Servicio (Enrique - Cancionero de Palacio)
6. Pensando en Los Muleros (Federico Garcia Lorca - Esteban Canyar)
7. Ay Triste que Vengo (Juan del Encina - Esteban Canyar)
8. Recercada (Diego Ortiz)
9. Adam's Portrait (Adam de la Halle - Esteban Canyar)
10. Pues que Jamas (Juan del Encina)
11. Tres Morillas (Federico Garcia Lorca - La Reverie)
12. Eres Alta y Delgada (Popular Espanol - Esteban Canyar)
13. En el Cafe de Chinitas (Federico Garcia Lorca)
14. Nun hab ich all mein Tag (Arnold Schlick)
Listen to: the entire album.
License Recreating traditional music from a modern perspective by La Reverie for your project.
Play the music of La Reverie in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 02/08/2015
La Reverie lives in Granada Spain
Tagged as: Classical, World, Renaissance, Medieval, Spanish, Composer: Diego Ortiz, Composer: Federico Garcia Lorca, Composer: Juan del Encina, Flute, Folk, Classical Guitar
- Influenza Italiana by Ensemble Mirable: rare and extraordinary music of the Baroque
- Viva La Pepa by Viva La Pepa: Spanish, Sephardic and French traditions served on a bed of drones
- The Black Dragon by Canconier: Medieval music from the 12th to the 15th centuries
- Unspoken by Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Assumpta est Maria by Vox Nostra: gorgeously complex and rich vocals using manuscripts from the middle ages
- Canconier by Canconier: Medieval music from the 12th to the 15th centuries
- Mozart Klavier Trios by Streicher Trio: classical chamber music on period instruments
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트Canto y Danza by Chambure Vihuela Quartet: Dance music and songs of Renaissance Spain
- Triemer Six Cello Sonatas by Ensemble Mirable: rare and extraordinary music of the Baroque
- Italian Baroque Music for Archlute by Francesca Torelli: Lute songs of the English Renaissance
- My House is the Sky by Mundi: Early music meets global folk at the Penguin Café
- The Three Noble Strains by Tim Rayborn: Medieval and Middle Eastern music
- Honey From The Thorn by Tim Rayborn: Medieval and Middle Eastern music
- Mozart 4 Quartets for Strings and Winds by American Baroque: Spectacular Baroque and Classical chamber music
- Hidden Sky by Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Cancionero by Dufay Collective: instrumental and vocal music from the Middle Ages and Reniassance
- JS Bach Six Motets BWV 225-230 by Bach Collegium San Diego: Bach, historically informed, vibrantly performed
- Apple Howling by Mundi: Early music meets global folk at the Penguin Café
- Vocal music of the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris in the year 1200 by Vox Nostra: gorgeously complex and rich vocals using manuscripts from the middle ages
- Conversations Galantes by Ensemble Mirable: rare and extraordinary music of the Baroque
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.