allMeadow and Rob Costlow:
Melodic piano electro-chill-mixed.
Switch On: Rob Costlow explains the story behind the album
Switch On is the result of a collaboration with allMeadow, an artist based in
Bristol (United Kingdom). He mixed the tracks, incorporated a ton of creative
elements, and performed all the bass guitar parts. What else would you expect
from a person located in the drum and bass capital of the world? Strangely
enough, allMeadow and I have never met in person. However, a web cam, mic and
today's other great technology enabled us to produce a professional full-length
album. Oceans cannot stop our creative spirits. We're kind of star-crossed
musicians. :) We met online back in 2005 via mutual creative interests. We're
both very proud of this effort and hope it is enjoyed by music lovers around the
world. Kudos to allMeadow and his genius mixing mind!
Songs from all my contemporary piano albums were used to create the remixes. 7
of the 10 tracks are brand new. We included and remastered 3 tracks from my 2006
remix EP, Return. We felt they had to be added to the album flow as they fit so
well with the concept. The very first track, "Air Cooled", is from a previously
unreleased song I composed the parts for almost a decade ago. I'm quite happy to
have it complete.
The music is intentionally quite different from my solo contemporary piano work
(please note, I do plan to release more solo work). The album is filled with
various tempos and instrumentation. The goal was to create a unique product that
could serve many purposes, be it experimentation, entertainment, inspiration, or
otherwise. The motive of the album is to stimulate and help drive a general
sense of productivity. Hence, why the album is named "Switch On".
allMeadow and Rob Costlow lives in Illinois, USA.
Tagged as: Electronica, Techno, Chillout, Remix.
- Mystic Crock: Ambient, Chillout, Psybient, Psychadelic and Downbeat
- Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- Mokhov: Sounds like Four Tet + Boards of Canada
- DP Kaufman: ambient, melodic electronica meets neo-classical
- Ion: clean, crystalline ambient
- Monom: ethnic house music, World music, electronic, chillout, latino, oriental, far-east, Australia and Europe
- Joey Fehrenbach: gorgeously sculpted, uber-melodic downtempo
- Red Sky Lullaby: Lush Downtempo Electroacoustic Grooves
- Superdirt2: highly danceable electro beats with virtuouso cello
- Indidginus: n. Riddims (Music. Dubstep, dub, dancehall and global bass music, incorporating slide didgeridoo in live performances ~ DidgeriDubstep)
- Osamu Kitajima and Chris Mancinelli: pan pacific ambient dance masters
- Barks and Crock: Berlin based electronic music - from ambient atmospheric to dance
- Domased: old school trance.
- Kalotone: Melodic Dubstep and Heavy Electronic Stimulation
- Jarkko Hietanen: cinematic composer with an electronic past
- Saros: intelligent ambient downtempo
- Love Amplifier: Lose yourself in the electronic
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: Canadian composer, musician, orchestrator, arranger and sound designer
- Adam Fielding: atmospheric dance music with cool vocals