Acoustic new age and jazz guitar..
Upon first listen to a recording of Solo Acoustic Guitarist, Jeff Wahl, you
might think that it's a recording of several guitarists playing together at once.
However, it's all just one guitar with no overdubs. Audiences who see Jeff play
live are also often surprised to see one guitarist sitting on stage yet hear
what sounds like 2 or 3 guitarists playing together. Often compared to
guitarists such as Leo Kottke, Michael Hedges, Joe Pass, and Will Ackerman, Jeff's
style ultimately is a blend of many styles that defies categorization. Jeff's
live repertoire encompasses the genres of Folk, Jazz, New Age, Classical and
even Indian Ragas.
"For me, the guitar has always been my therapist and counselor. Playing the
guitar and writing music came to me mainly I think because I've had to go
through a lot of hard times in my life completely alone. The guitar has always
been there for me through it all and I can't imagine how difficult my life would
be without it. The inspiration for all of my songs is always a particular
emotion I'm experiencing. I usually compose with the guitar in altered tunings
so that I can't analyze the sounds through traditional music theory. Although I
have a degree in music composition, I find it much more satisfying and authentic
to compose through intuition rather than relying on rules of theory. Composing
in this way keeps me humble to what the instrument wants to say and helps with
keeping my ego out of the way when I write music."
Jeff's music has been featured often on local and national public radio programs
during the last several years. Upon release of his first CD, Guitarscapes in
1999, Jeff was named one of America's best undiscovered guitarists by Guitar 9
Record's online guitar magazine.
Jeff grew up on a farm on the eastern plains of Colorado. He played the piano
and trombone before discovering his connection with the guitar. He has degrees
in music composition and music education. Jeff currently resides in the
beautiful city of Fort Collins, Colorado.
A Light in the Darkness
Playing with Silence
Jeff Wahl lives in Colorado, USA.
Tagged as: New Age, Other, Instrumental Christmas, Acoustic Guitar, Christmas, Downtempo, Folk.
- Ehren Starks: piano and cello/jazzy new age
- Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Suzanne Teng: world flute with a serene energy
- Chad Lawson: Multi-award winning pianist and composer who is not afraid to put his hat in anything
- Toni Iniguez: classical guitar and Nature
- Lisa Lynne: Inspirational, uplifting, gentle, and soothing Celtic harp, World flutes, guitar and more.
- Francois Couture: Canadian composer, musician, orchestrator, arranger and sound designer
- Luke Gartner-Brereton: music for minds
- Joseph Nimoh: uplifting solo piano pieces with influences from classical, jazz and gospel music
- Cobb Bussinger: Melodic, passionate, introspective and transcendent journeys to the heart
- Kourosh Dini: minimalist piano with slashes of ambient electronics
- Cheryl Ann Fulton: World-class performer and teacher of Medieval, Baroque, Welsh triple, Celtic and Concert harps.
- Ray Montford: Evocative, melodic and haunting instrumental guitar music
- To Life!: Music as a journey through tribal landscapes, rhythmic dance, hypnotic trance.
- Lisa Lynne and George Tortorelli: Celtic harp and bamboo flutes. Soft and soothing, perfect for quiet times and relaxation
- Sambodhi Prem: reflections of the moon in music
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트EuchMad: Hypnotic and touching, Euchmad immerses us in a fantasy world
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: unique international band creates something completely original
- Bella Gaia: an iridescent landscape of gossamer melodies and labyrinthine rhythms, with a sense of celestial wonder