Hip-hop-infused, electronic chill music... with a dash of everything else!.
Who is Terracotta Blue?
The Terracotta Blue alias is an outlet for my more melancholy,
electro-inspired endeavors. And there's absolutely no back story or special
meaning to the name; I just thought it sounded cool! I dabble in all sorts of
electronic genres-essentially anything that has a lot of synths and hard drums!
How would you best describe your music?
I'm a fan and listener of all types of music (I have everything from doom
metal to funk in my iPhone playlists), but I would say that hip-hop is the one
constant that ties everything together. From the use of sampling to the
grittiness you hear in many of my tracks, the hip-hop influence is undeniable.
I'm also fascinated by the inherent freedom electronic music allows me, in all
its forms. So I'd best describe my music as hip-hop-infused, electronic chill
music. Hopefully people will just regard it as good music.
Where did you grow up and where do you live now? What have your roots brought to your music?
I grew up right outside of Washington, D.C., in Silver Spring,
Maryland - that's where I live now. D.C. is known for its percussion-heavy funk
music called go-go, but I was honestly never really into it growing up. I was
that kid sitting quietly in the corner bobbing his head with big headphones on
and a backpack full of hip-hop cassettes and CDs!
How did you get into music, and where did you learn how to play?
Believe it or not, it was Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat that really got me
interested in manipulating sounds. It wasn't the book itself (which is a
childhood classic!), but rather the read-along cassette tape (!) that came with
it. One side of the tape had someone narrating the book, and the B-side was
blank and invited the reader to "make up and record your own stories." I
remember the exact wording! So I would record my voice and myself banging on
different objects to create sounds. I've been hooked on making sounds ever
I played the saxophone and trumpet in the 4th and 5th grades, respectively. But
when I recorded myself playing on my first Radio Shack keyboard I became totally
transfixed by electronic music. Then I caught the hip-hop bug in 1989/90, and
that was it! That's when I was like, "This is the music I need to be making!" I
eventually started experimenting by pause-mixing beats on dual tape decks and
recording drums machines and samples on 4-track recorders. I bought my first
"real" piece of equipment-the MPC2000XL-in 2000. In 2005 I was introduced to
Reason and FL Studio software - I've used the same programs to make music ever
What next for Terracotta Blue?
More music, of course! I try to release a single/EP/album every couple of
months or so. And I'm very excited to release some material through Magnatune;
it's a great platform!
You can find out more about Terracotta Blue on his Soundcloud page.
A Future Long Ago
Terracotta Blue lives in Maryland, USA.
Tagged as: Electronica, Instrumental, Inspirational, Daydreaming, Downtempo, Happy Hour.
- Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Monom: ethnic house music, World music, electronic, chillout, latino, oriental, far-east, Australia and Europe
- Red Sky Lullaby: Lush Downtempo Electroacoustic Grooves
- Mike McGuill: Diverse, intelligent electronica from London
- DP Kaufman: ambient, melodic electronica meets neo-classical
- Stanislav: Laid-back, cool, electroakoustic, classical music, ethno, jazzy soundtracks
- Mystic Crock: Ambient, Chillout, Psybient, Psychadelic and Downbeat
- Mokhov: Sounds like Four Tet + Boards of Canada
- Amfibia: electronic, acoustic, chillout, lounge, comopolitian, instrumental
- Suchitra Lata: Swirling Chillout, Ambient, World, Progressive Pop, Indian classical veena and much more in between
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트Solar Cycle: a summer cocktail of Chill out, Electronica and Ambient
- Nuform: Innovative, emotional and trippy electronic music
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트Psycliq: an electric heart with an organic soul
- prettyhowtown: playful, melodic, hand-made ambient electronic music
- The Headroom Project: Vivid world-electronica grooves
- Artemis: Alternative / Downtempo / Electro-pop
- Indidginus: n. Riddims (Music. Dubstep, dub, dancehall and global bass music, incorporating slide didgeridoo in live performances ~ DidgeriDubstep)
- Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- 크레이지슬롯 사이트: atmospheric dance music with cool vocals
- Love Amplifier: Lose yourself in the electronic